Because I Think a lot! - Adulting

A few days back, I saw a reel.. (Funny how now we say this instead of I read somewhere.. but I actually do read a lot of comments! So does it count as reading?)

So I saw a reel saying that at the age of 20, you are born as an adult. So at 25, you are a 5-year-old adult and so on.

This made me so relaxed...like someone just took the weight of being an adult off my shoulders.

My To Dos are very long at 25! The adult to dos...I have been adding items since long back...But. But they are dreams.. or to align more with adult language, say they are goals... and not tasks.!

I am just a toddler.. understanding how to divide these dreams of mine into doable tasks! Messing with my spoons and forks.. taking a big bite at a time and staying hungry at others and spilling tea everywhere.. so many fuck ups and too few “Good Girl” stars!

(I had fun putting it like this!)

I feel that adulting is filled with bright lights...many, many bright lights! You see the outlines against these big things...but you need to figure out the details on your own! The opportunities, role models, and expectations are abundant...but nothing is clear in that bright light!

So now I am trying to close my eyes and focus on the darkness these days! Not in a negative way, but like a dark blue night with the moon peeking behind the clouds, and little stars here and there... Like I want to give myself the time to get used to seeing in the dark...figure out the room by feeling it...and understanding it for me and as I want it to be...my dream room!

Hope it will work out and take me a bit, one step at a time, closer to my dreams!

Comments

  1. Very raw and heartfelt Owee! Could relate to everything you've shared. Beautiful post ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Owee. Keep writing. Good wishes and love to you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a refreshingly fresh perspective amongst posts filled with AI generated, monotonous, cliched content.
    Loved the thought and the way it is presented. This is so YOU.
    Keep posting and please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts